• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
d h k

OpenGL How To Call And Render This Effect!

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody, while looking around the net for possible extensions to a 3d-engine project of mine, I found some pictures ( from here! ), which are showing some kind of texture effect, that looks great in my opinion. I think this kind of texturing/lighting would give a lot of 'feeling' to my own scenes and now I wonder how exactly this effect is called ( my guess is 'bump mapping' combined with 'diffuse highlights', but the author also mentions something with 'parallax mapping' ) and how to achieve this effect using OpenGL as simple and fast as possible... Here are two of the pictures: I have included simple bump-mapping á la NeHe before, but is this 'fake' bump-mapping going to be enough and what else do I need in order to render this effect? Thanks, Jan.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!