• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

What map editor features would you like to see?

This topic is 4558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I'm creating a map editor for my game, and I figured since I havent really seen any really good, and reusable map editors around (ok there is tile studio, or whatever its called, but I cant say I like it much), that if people express enough interest, I'd aim to make mine flexible, and release it as a free tool for other aspiring 2d game programmers. The map editor will be written in C++, with SDL/OpenGL. SDL is only there for the cross platform window creation/event management. Currently it features 255 tilesets and each tileset can be 65535x65535 pixels. Each map can be 65535x65535x2 tiles, there is currently only two layers. Though I will probably add more. It uses fake lighting (an alpha blended image), though this will probably be an optional feature for people who don't use openGL. So now I'd like to hear suggestions as to what you would like to see in such a map editor.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement