• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I'm doing a presentation.

This topic is 4522 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey guys. i'm gonna be doing my first of two - one hour presentations on 3d gaming for a class pretty soon. the first presentation is going to be on general game and engine design. i just thought this would be a good place to ask people about their experiences and advice on the design process, particularly in first person shooters. i have some stuff on design document templates and feature creep among a few other things so far. anything is of great help! thanks!

Advertisement
My school just started a new game major, well interactive game and media development major. I took one of the intro classes to game design. One of the things I liked was a rough outline of the processes along with a rough design doc also. Another good thing is pointing out pitfalls and other misshaps. Another thing that might be good to cover or one I feel more people need to understand is communication between programmers and each other and also between artists and eachothers expectations. I can't really think of anything else of the top of my head. Good luck.

-THACO

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement