• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Dx9 CreateDevice Error

This topic is 4551 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wrote these code in my program: LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 g_pd3dDevice = NULL; LPDIRECT3D9 D3D = NULL; D3D = Direct3DCreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION); D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS d3dpp; ZeroMemory(&d3dpp,sizeof(d3dpp)); d3dpp.Windowed = true; d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_UNKNOWN; d3dpp.BackBufferCount = 1; d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = 640; d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = 480; d3dpp.hDeviceWindow = hwnd; long result = D3D->CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,hwnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp,&g_pd3dDevice); But everytime i got result : D3DERR_INVALIDCALL~~ Could anybody help me ? thx

Advertisement
Use the Debug Direct3D runtime, that will tell you why CreateDevice() is returning D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

For more details see the FAQ: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/showfaq.asp?forum_id=10#debugging

From the code you posted, those parameters look ok - though if your window handle (hwnd) was invalid or the wrong type of window (such as a child window), then you'd get an invalidcall error. The debug runtime will tell you for sure.

Thank you~
But why i can't find the DirectX Control Panel in my Control Panel???
How could i install it?
I select Install Debug DirectX from the start menu,but it seems did not change anything~
What shoud i do?

Oh I get it!
i install the April 2005 update,then i found the control panel.
The code fail because of the hwnd.
Thank You!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement