• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sssa

load mesh's question

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a question that i can't understand, in my porject,i write this: Mesh tempMesh = Mesh.FromFile(file, MeshFlags.Managed, Engine.Device3D, out mtrl); and when program run to here, a error occour, here,the Engine.Device3D is a static various, Why?

Advertisement
Hi there sssa,
How are you doing buddy?

The Problem
Engine.Device3D

The Solution
If you could ellaborate on what the error is we might be able to help. From what I can see is that you might have a non-static device member in your class and a static property which might give you problems or your might have not initialized your engine class but you are trying to use the Device3D property/member which hasn't been initialized (this would normally give you an nullreference exception)

I hope this helps a bit. With a little more code you might be able to help you. If you are pasting code please use the
[ source lang="cpp" ]
[ /source ]
tags.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!