• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

ahh please help!!!

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi I have now come into the advance world of game programming, yet i am some what lost. You see i am new to this, all of this I have Devc++ has anyone used this is this any good?? 2nd i find the "lang" for the c++ very, very confusing.... yes you may of guessed i am a newb, newb to the whole thing. You see i read most of ya "falling blocks" ideas and everything I just dont no where to start and how to start... i was thinking for my first real game is gonna be a little shot-em up, just a big map with about one player the rest computer, then moving on from there but really i need help many thanks nathaniel

Advertisement
Try to read some artilces "for beginenrs" you'll find there books worth reading.
I presonaly recomend you "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre LaMothe it's a bit old but the best i read so far :) but before that you'll need to know at least basics of c++ .. i haven't read any EN book on C++ so can't help you on that ;)

Edit : Hmm you'll find everything you need to start in "Resources" here on gamedev

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement