• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pussy

ahh please help!!!

This topic is 4676 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi I have now come into the advance world of game programming, yet i am some what lost. You see i am new to this, all of this I have Devc++ has anyone used this is this any good?? 2nd i find the "lang" for the c++ very, very confusing.... yes you may of guessed i am a newb, newb to the whole thing. You see i read most of ya "falling blocks" ideas and everything I just dont no where to start and how to start... i was thinking for my first real game is gonna be a little shot-em up, just a big map with about one player the rest computer, then moving on from there but really i need help many thanks nathaniel

Advertisement
Try to read some artilces "for beginenrs" you'll find there books worth reading.
I presonaly recomend you "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre LaMothe it's a bit old but the best i read so far :) but before that you'll need to know at least basics of c++ .. i haven't read any EN book on C++ so can't help you on that ;)

Edit : Hmm you'll find everything you need to start in "Resources" here on gamedev

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!