• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Crazypad

Python Program

This topic is 4700 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need some help on creating a program that plays computer games by itself. If anyone could help me that would be great. thanks

Advertisement
What is, precisely, the nature of the help you require?
What part of the program are you having trouble with?

Quote:
Original post by Crazypad
i want to create a program that allows me to let the computer play the game for me. So i don't have to.

If it's a game, wouldn't it be actually more interesting to play it? It's not like you have to play games, do you? They wouldn't be games otherwise.

But anyway, you still haven't told me what you're having trouble with? I understand what your goal is, I just don't understand what you are stuck on.

Guest Anonymous Poster
are you trying to make a bot? isn't that cheating?

Making a bot isn't a simple task. It requires you knowing a lot about the game you are writing a bot for. It requires you being able to read data from the game (not a simple task! Screen scraping might work -- look it up) and to send back commands to the game (somewhat easier - SendKey or something like that should work). Of course, in the middle, you need to be able to program somewhat intelligent decision-taking routines.

I hate to say this but, if you don't have any programming experience (this is the For Beginners forum you are posting in), this is way beyond your reach. If you don't have any idea of where to start or what is involved in making a bot, you're in way over your head.

As for us helping you create it, if you do have specific questions about specific problems encountered during the creation process, do ask us. But we won't be able to just "help you create it", by which you seem to mean "do the work for me".

This topic is 4700 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.