Python Program

Started by
19 comments, last by Fruny 18 years, 7 months ago
I need some help on creating a program that plays computer games by itself. If anyone could help me that would be great. thanks
Advertisement
What kind of game? Depending on what type of game depends how hard it can be to do.
the game is ultima online or world of warcraft games like that
What is, precisely, the nature of the help you require?
What part of the program are you having trouble with?
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
i want to create a program that allows me to let the computer play the game for me. So i don't have to.
Quote:Original post by Crazypad
i want to create a program that allows me to let the computer play the game for me. So i don't have to.

If it's a game, wouldn't it be actually more interesting to play it? It's not like you have to play games, do you? They wouldn't be games otherwise.

But anyway, you still haven't told me what you're having trouble with? I understand what your goal is, I just don't understand what you are stuck on.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I am stuck on that i need help creating the program. If someone could help me create it.
are you trying to make a bot? isn't that cheating?
Ya i guess it would be a bot.
Making a bot isn't a simple task. It requires you knowing a lot about the game you are writing a bot for. It requires you being able to read data from the game (not a simple task! Screen scraping might work -- look it up) and to send back commands to the game (somewhat easier - SendKey or something like that should work). Of course, in the middle, you need to be able to program somewhat intelligent decision-taking routines.

I hate to say this but, if you don't have any programming experience (this is the For Beginners forum you are posting in), this is way beyond your reach. If you don't have any idea of where to start or what is involved in making a bot, you're in way over your head.

As for us helping you create it, if you do have specific questions about specific problems encountered during the creation process, do ask us. But we won't be able to just "help you create it", by which you seem to mean "do the work for me".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement