Sign in to follow this  

Save/Open Dialog Without MFC

This topic is 4518 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Guys, I'm working on a little editor for a game I'm making but have run into some trouble with the IO part. I traditionally use MFC for my editors, but have gone with straight win32 and DirectX this time. Usually when I am doing save/open dialog boxes I use the CFileDialog class, but since I'm not using MFC here, that is not an option (as far as I know anyway). I am wondering if anyone can tell me how you do the equivelent without MFC. Example code would be amazing here! Just to clarify too, I'm cool with the IO part and everything, it's just getting the file name to write to/read from. Thanks, Matt Hughson

Ahh perfect! Thanks Crane!

You don't have an example of it in action do you? I'm mostly concerned about that OPENFILENAME struct that I pass it; it's fairly large, with a ton of different members. I'll read through MSDN on it, but an example would really cement things for me I think.

Thanks again!
Matt Hughson

Nevermind, I got it. Turned out most of the members of that data structure were not needed, and the rest were fairly easy to understand how to use.

Thanks again,
Matt Hughson

Sign in to follow this