VC6 autocomplete?

Started by
1 comment, last by DrewGreen 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi, Just reading through the FAQs and noticed the question
Quote: How do I get the autocomplete feature in VC++6 . 0to work with my DirectX SDK? You need to add the DirectX headers to your project. Preferably in another project folder than the headers folder to avoid mixing them with your own project files (that is, not in the 'header files' folder in the FileView). Note, you don't have to move the files physically on your hard drive, just use Project->Add to Project->Files.
I tried this with gl.h but it doesn't seem to work - is there a way of doing this? It's not really necessary tbh but it would be nice to have. Perhaps I just don't have autocomplete however - I've never seen it in action that I can recall. It's the professional edition student licence version. Cheers, Drew
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
Advertisement
I actually have never seen an auto-complete feature in VS6 the way that is described, but you can use the global namespace (intellisense) in order to get something like that. All you do is hold down control and hit space and you will get a little popup menu. Start typing in the function you want and you should see it get close to what you are looking for. See if that does what you are after. Good luck!
Sweet, thanks. It seems it doesn't pick them all up, only the ones I've already used, but better than nothing. Plus you've taught me something about my IDE I didn't know :D R++
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement