• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

The new guy....

This topic is 4640 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello im new! Ive been on these forums for about 2 weeks so now ive joined. So I have 0 exeperiance in game making so I have a question. Its illegal to steal serial codes iff the internet right? Ive seen so many serial numbers and ive know alot of people have used them. I mean their are website that people give out serial numbers so they dont havr to pay for flash MX. So umm I will be here and im thinking of making some basic stuff.

Advertisement
Quote:
Its illegal to steal serial codes iff the internet right?

Definitely illegal. As well as against the Gamedev.net TOS, so if you ask for that kind of things, or if we have reason to think you are using illegally acquired software, or other assets, you'll get banned.

Those unpleasant things being said, welcome [smile]

Ok know I know. Do any of you guys know really good game making programs that are quite easy but im not talking about gamemaker. Like some other program.

Damn whenever I want to do something its either illegal or its dumb :/.

I used to use a program called "the games factory" and then later its upgrade "multimedia fusion". These programs make game making much easier than coding in any language but you can still learn some valuable programming concepts. I recommend you try "the games factory" first. You can download a free *legal* trial version from www.clickteam.com.

Ok thanks for posting some links but later on in my game making life I want to make a game that you just drive and do stuff. I want it to be a MMO. But I also dont want to pay anything. So can I make the game that ist a a lan game only.

I mean that people in my city or my suburb can play the game with me online.
I want it to be free of if you know any progarm that gives servers for free let me know. I dont want servers holding 100 people. Maybe just 15-50 people.

Oh and this is sort of off-topic but are their any canadians on this forum?

Quote:
I want it to be a MMO.

Eek! Bad BigFatLoserKid! Bad!

Quote:
But I also dont want to pay anything.

So, no hosting.

Quote:
So can I make the game that ist a a lan game only. I mean that people in my city or my suburb can play the game with me online.

A "simple" networked application should work so long as you know the IP of the player who will be acting as the server for the game.

Quote:
I want it to be free of if you know any progarm that gives servers for free let me know. I dont want servers holding 100 people. Maybe just 15-50 people.

Give servers for free? If you mean hosting... good luck. If you mean server code, well, as a rule there aren't whole ready-made server applications, but at least I think you can find some libraries that will help you make a game server.

Quote:
Oh and this is sort of off-topic but are their any canadians on this forum?

546 registered as living in Canada. Who knows how many Canadians haven't.

Umm why would a library give out free servers? Their about books not computers. Well its worth a try. Where do I ask im my local library? I know some librarys offer free shareware games but I dunno if my library does.

And im thinking of making this game in the summer of 2006.
I just want to make some basic games then go onto this project.

Besdies I can host my game on my website at freewebs but if I can I have many friends that might let me host the game on their website.

So im thinking of doing some pixel art in games so if anyone has done pixel art can you tell me your exeperiances if its easy or not. Im going to try it anyways. Easy or not.

Quote:
Original post by BigFatLoserKid
Umm why would a library give out free servers? Their about books not computers. Well its worth a try. Where do I ask im my local library? I know some librarys offer free shareware games but I dunno if my library does.
You're thinking about the wrong sort of library.
Clicky!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!