Sign in to follow this  

Intro and menu

This topic is 4486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Worked flawlessly on my system. Very, very nice.

WinXP SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
GeForce 5500FX
1.0 Gb RAM

I only have one minor criticism : when the user clicks the "Quit" button and the dialog pops up, I'd recommend switching the positions of the "No" and "Yes" buttons. I know that's a bit obsessive and it's just an asthetic touch, but it's the way almost all menus I've seen have it. And the website didn't exist (I figured it was just a test, though). Other than that, it's very well done.

Nice job, it looks great! Just a couple of things I noticed:

- on my pc the "proudly presents" screen comes up a bit too soon, right through the previous text, which is still fading out.

- i couldn't find a way to skip through your introscreens. This can really be annoying for a player if he has to watch it for the 100th time.

- the fadeout/in effect on the mainmenu takes a bit too long.

Anyway, like I said, nice job :D!!!

Very neat, works fine.

Windows XP SP2
P4 2GhZ
1 GB RAM
Intel 82845G

Additional to the above mention points, i couldn't even Alt-F4 during the intro? The mouse pointer is a tad slow, couldn't you just take the users settings for that?

Quote:
Original post by Endurion
Very neat, works fine.

Windows XP SP2
P4 2GhZ
1 GB RAM
Intel 82845G

Additional to the above mention points, i couldn't even Alt-F4 during the intro? The mouse pointer is a tad slow, couldn't you just take the users settings for that?

How do I get the mouse's user settings in direct input?

Quote:
Original post by The C modest god
How do I get the mouse's user settings in direct input?

Don't use DirectInput for the mouse, call GetCursorPos or use WM_MOUSEMOVE etc. for the mouse position. All the mouse settings are applied to those (mouse speed, switched buttons).

Sign in to follow this