Sign in to follow this  

[4E4] Roll Call #2

This topic is 4479 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So it looks like a lot of people are dropping out of 4E...because of school ironcly enough. So basically I want to know if I have real competition or if I'm just going to be competing against myself here. ;) So who's entering 4E still?

Definitely in.

I was wondering as well - I reckon at least half the origianl entrants have/will give up, and half (at least) of those left won't meet the deadline. Wouldn't be suprised to see only a few entrants to the competition, which will show us that game programming isn't easy. All those wanting to do this professionally should learn A LOT from this contest I reckon.

Feel like I'm setting myself up for a fall here though, lecturing people [smile]

Well I'm still entering.
I wasted about 2 months doing nothing because of stupid problems with my engine, not sure what style of game to do (went through all genres) and the worse thing in the world, life problems lol.

Now I have decided to make use of lots of free resources, almost complete engine, some models and editors etc. Have my game almost etirley planned out now, it's a 3rd person adventure style game (i havn't seen anyone doing this and I thought it would be a change for me instead of FPS). Life problems are fixed and I actually have a lot of stuff implemented.

Also now a friend is gonna do the level design so thats a load off my mind again.

I'm really excited about this and even if I don't win (come on there's so much talent on gamedev) at least I have had the motivation to do something, learn and hopefully have a bit of a demo to show an employer.

Keep going people, can't wait to see other entry's. Good Luck!

I'm still in, hopefully I will be finished.
A got some pretty huge work ahead, but since I neither have school nor any job to attend to I can work about 24/7 :)
Ok i still have to look for jobs, eat and sleep so it's probaby more close to 10/7, still it's more than 7 times more than I could dream when I was in school :).
However this is as far as I've come so judge for yourself if I can compete with you ;)

Iam definitaley in, I just got a artist, picked up a book to help my entry out, theres no stopping me from entering this contest, though I do need to add work has been going slower but that wont stop me.

I dropped out quite a while back. I've decided to fry some bigger fish. Now if there was a $10,000 grand prize, i might be interested ;-) Still looking forward to everyone else's projects. I guess Summertime is also a bad time for me because if the weather is good i'd rather not waste it programming, you know?

Quote:
Original post by Guimo
Warscale is still in...

Guimo
Oh, arse! A proper RTS. Definitely stiff competition since my entry is also a classically styled RTS. And I haven't registered my own .com url or anything!

Pirate Tycoon is another entry to worry me from what little has been shown.

But I did start a new regime today - up at 0600 to work for 90min and come in to work later, bulking up the time spent working with my most productive hours while it is cool and quiet!

Count me out. I don't think there is any way that I could pull something off in time for 4E5. I figure if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Maybe I will pwn you all in 4E5 or something...[rolleyes]

Quote:
Original post by Moe
Count me out. I don't think there is any way that I could pull something off in time for 4E5. I figure if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Maybe I will pwn you all in 4E5 or something...[rolleyes]

Moe...you can't drop out. You promised me in 4E2 that we'd be competing in 4E4 after your mission. :'(

Sign in to follow this