Sign in to follow this  

PeekMessage stops responding?

This topic is 4482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

boy, I got a weird one to debug... My programs stops responding after ~1/2 a second of starting it. Further debugging shows that the thread enters PeekMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE ) 12 times.... it exits from this the first 11 times with various messages to be processed. The 12th time it will not return from the function call. Breaking the thread shows the instruction pointer somewhere in assembly code with the following call stack: cccccccc() -> 003d003a() -> ATIOGLX1!094a7ab2()->GDI32!77f70f2b() So I figure it has something to do with the videocard being ATI and me using opengl extensions: FSAA and anisotropic filtering.I've downloaded latest drivers (5.8?) with no luck. Further on.. what the HECK does ATIOGLX has to do with PeekMessage() anyay?

I rather wonder about the cccccccc-value. This indicates an uninitialized variable being used.

You probably have a window proc somewhere, so which message is actually the culprit? Do you handle that message in your proc?

This topic is 4482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.