Running dx application while display is rotated

Started by
2 comments, last by Taha Ansari 18 years, 7 months ago
I'm trying to get directX running while the screen is rotated from display adapter settings (90' / 270' / 180'). The application does run, but rendering is very jerky/slow. Does any one have any idea how to run it properly while the display is rotated ? Is there any quick solution?
Advertisement
Some what more info: from what I've learned, some VGA cards do screen rotation from software, that process is slow, because directX has to figure out how to rotate what it is drawing wrt rotation set. But there are some VGA cards out there that do this rotation directly from hardware. Those should work faster.

Some of these cards, as I've searched, include:

S3 DeltaChrome
S3 GammaChrome (maybe its not released yet)
ATI Radeon 9800 Special edition (buts its only for Mac G4 and G5 I think)

Is there any one out there who has encountered a similar problem? Does any one have a clue how to solve this?
ATI Radeon 9600 XT does it. For PC, don't know about mac.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
I searched for Radeon 9600 XT (9600 series) manual, and downloaded from the net; it doesnt mention any way that it supports hardware based rotation. However, the Mac version of 9800 Special Edition cards' manual does say that it support full hardware rotation with 3d graphics stuff.

Are you sure that it does that? Because I also have Radeon 9600 Pro VGA card, and I dont think it has rotation as well. So could be the case with its series..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement