I have a question of Doom3 SDK

Started by
7 comments, last by zedzeek 18 years, 7 months ago
I download the Doom3 SDK,but I don't know what is the SDK actually,whether the SDK is the engine of DOOM3?
Advertisement
no, the SDK = Software Development Kit.

Its for making add-ons, aka, mods to the original game.

Its not the source code for the engine. You're gonna have to wait another 10 years or so for that one!
Mark Ingramhttp://www.mark-ingram.com
Are you sure? It's 475,000 lines of code in 892 source files. :O That's one heck of an SDK if that's all it is....

And I see lots of OGL code...
Quote:Original post by Daggett
Are you sure? It's 475,000 lines of code in 892 source files. :O That's one heck of an SDK if that's all it is....

Last time I checked id software doesn't release their source codes for the public until every dollar has been squeezed out of the engine.

A la wait until 2010 and ask again.
gib.son
I did hear something about the doom 3 source leaking, could that be true?
--m_nPostCount++
Doh, sorry, I was talking about quake 3. I always get those mixed up. [embarrass]
Quote:I did hear something about the doom 3 source leaking, could that be true?

No. A pre-alpha version of the game was leaked a year or two before it was released. It was buggy, slow, unstable, and only contained 3 psudo-levels, but people crawled all over it like flies. The source never made it out, though.
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
Quote:Original post by Daggett
Doh, sorry, I was talking about quake 3. I always get those mixed up. [embarrass]

I always get them confused as well.

- One was a tech demo for their latest engine, and the other was... uhh... a tech demo for their latest engine.
- One was severely lacking in gameplay, and the other... had bugger-all gameplay.
- One was not fun, and the other was not fun... either.
- One is still played quite a bit today, and the other is Doom3.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
reconcile
- One was not fun, and the other was not fun... either.
- One is still played quite a bit today

its still played quite a bit today (5 years afterwards) but was not fun

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement