Sign in to follow this  

Are there any tutorials on how to work in order to make a game?

This topic is 4481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It is not very easy to learn to program game engines, much will only be learned by trial-and-error. I dont think there is any tutorials on it, well there is enguinity(spelled wrong) here on GDNet, but that doesn't describe a whole engine. If you can afford it I'ld recommend 3D Game Engine Programming by Stefan Zerbst, it is not a very good engine, but you will have a much better understand about what a game engine is after that book.

If you want something a little more advanced you could by 3D Game Engine Design and 3D Game Engine Architecture which describes the WildMagic engine, but beware they are pretty math-heavy.

Allright, what i was more wondering about was in what order should i make different parts of the game? And things like some hints, tips on how to plan the development process. But thanks all the same When i get ready to make some 3D things I'll definately look those books up!

This topic is 4481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.