Are there any tutorials on how to work in order to make a game?

Started by
2 comments, last by Samsonite 18 years, 7 months ago
I was wondering where. I mean like what to do when, and how to design the engine/game and work through it. Thanks for any help!
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Advertisement
EDIT : Wrong post
It is not very easy to learn to program game engines, much will only be learned by trial-and-error. I dont think there is any tutorials on it, well there is enguinity(spelled wrong) here on GDNet, but that doesn't describe a whole engine. If you can afford it I'ld recommend 3D Game Engine Programming by Stefan Zerbst, it is not a very good engine, but you will have a much better understand about what a game engine is after that book.

If you want something a little more advanced you could by 3D Game Engine Design and 3D Game Engine Architecture which describes the WildMagic engine, but beware they are pretty math-heavy.
Allright, what i was more wondering about was in what order should i make different parts of the game? And things like some hints, tips on how to plan the development process. But thanks all the same When i get ready to make some 3D things I'll definately look those books up!
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement