Sign in to follow this  
web_scripter

[.net] drawing in a 3d evironment

I want to draw a circle for movement, just like in homeworld. I know of two choices. Either,calculate the demensions of the circle as if you were looking at it from an angle, so i would have to calculate the angle then calculate the demensions for an elipse then draw it, but i would still have to figure out how to rotate it. The second method i know of, is to make a mesh that gets drawn like a 3d object. this way would be easier, but i would also need another mesh that goes from the mouse cursor to the center of the circle. and i would need to scale it, rotate it and be able to view it from lots of different angles, fully 3d. It would look some thing like this (this is a screenshot from homeworld) Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Is there a better way of drawing this 3d circle? Thanks Web_scripter

nvm i found the solution, all i need to do is create a vertexbuffer with a list of points of circle, then all i need to do is render it and when i move my camera directx does all the calculations, geez that was an easy solution.