Giving an executable a unique icon.

Started by
5 comments, last by silverphyre673 18 years, 7 months ago
I need to give my executable an icon, however you do that, and I have no idea how to do this =) I'm using windows, c++, and SDL, if there is any cross-platform way to do that. Thanks.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement
For every OS it's different, but in Windows look into "resource files".
--Brice Lambson
OK. I know about and have used resource files, just not for this. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Check the documentation for SDL_WM_SetIcon in the SDL documentation. Another reason SDL rocks [wink]

Evillive2
Quote:Original post by evillive2
Check the documentation for SDL_WM_SetIcon in the SDL documentation. Another reason SDL rocks [wink]

Actually, I don't think that's what I want. I mean, I want to set the icon as displayed in Windows Explorer and suchlike, and I think this sets the icon in the title bar. I'm making a screensaver, and it doesn't have a titlebar =) Thanks anyways.
Whats your IDE?? In Dev-C++ hit alt-p and go to icon at the bottom, there you can change it. But like i said thats Dev-C++
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Email: [email=zike22@aol.com]zike22@aol.com[/email] - My AIM: zike22@AIM
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind." - The Emperor, WarHammer 40K
Quote:Original post by zike22
Whats your IDE?? In Dev-C++ hit alt-p and go to icon at the bottom, there you can change it. But like i said thats Dev-C++

perfect. I'm using dev-cpp. You learn something new every day. Thanks a ton!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement