Sign in to follow this  
TechnoGoth

4 elements as they apply to characters in an Adventure game

Since I'm short on time I've decided to make a point and click adventure game instead of an RTS game and have a couple of questions on the rules. If I have story about a detective trying to track down the people attempting to bring a zombie back to life in order to murder him or a story about trying to who is training to bring a person back to life as a zombie does that count as having one of the 4 elements? Also if I have a sarcastic robot hotdog vendor who doesn't play a major role in the plot does that count as having another of the 4 elements?

I'd give a quote from a judge on this but I don't have the time. To paraphrase:
Quote:
The decision whether your game has the required elements is made by thinking "if a gamer played this, would they tell you it had those elements in it"

You should wait for somebody in authority to answer officially though. Doesn't this forum have a FAQ, because this question should be in it?

To my mind, this way of determining elements' inclusion means you can't call your car a 'Pirate Raider' for instance. But if the storyline is about zombies then I'd say the game had them in even if you never actually saw one!

Yeah, from your description it sounds like the zombies would be OK. The robot hotdog vendor /might/ be OK, but you may need to push to make it clear that he's a robot.

Well it looks like a robot, talks in binary, and the Main character referers to him as the best robotic hotdog vendor in town. So people should think its a robot either that or a sci-fi fan.

Sign in to follow this