Morning's Wrath Demo, now availible!

Started by
28 comments, last by _Sigma 18 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by clapton
The only thing that makes me uncertain is the following fact - how could the messanger guy talk without having a head ?? :P

Spiritual Voicalization... yeah thats it, yeah.. =)

Quote:Original post by clapton
Although there is a couple of smaller issues, the game looks quite professional! Bravo. :)

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the praise, glad you liked the demo =D

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
IMHO, having the key in your inventory should be sufficient for unlocking the door when trying to open it. Having the player grope around in their inventory looking for the key and having to use it on the door may be realistic, but it also makes a lame game play experience. We gamers like to kill monsters with massive swords or incredible firestorm spells, not poke around in our backpacks.

In all honesty, what you speak represents you, as an individual and as somebody who pays no tribute to the word immersion. "We gamers", makes an all around general assumption. The fact that you sound like you want to rush through the games that you play just tells me that you just want to be #1, as quick as possible and as easily as it can be achieved. As little of a convenience this would add for people like yourself, is not worth the sacrifice of immersing people like me -INTO- the games that I play.

The Moral: No game will ever make everybody 100% happy
Quote:Original post by ildave1
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
IMHO, having the key in your inventory should be sufficient for unlocking the door when trying to open it. Having the player grope around in their inventory looking for the key and having to use it on the door may be realistic, but it also makes a lame game play experience. We gamers like to kill monsters with massive swords or incredible firestorm spells, not poke around in our backpacks.

In all honesty, what you speak represents you, as an individual and as somebody who pays no tribute to the word immersion. "We gamers", makes an all around general assumption. The fact that you sound like you want to rush through the games that you play just tells me that you just want to be #1, as quick as possible and as easily as it can be achieved. As little of a convenience this would add for people like yourself, is not worth the sacrifice of immersing people like me -INTO- the games that I play.

The Moral: No game will ever make everybody 100% happy

I disagree, I don't think manually digging out the key adds much to the gameplay, and if you have to use it over and over again it could get pretty annoying.

I like the graphics, reminds me of Diablo...
"Think you Disco Duck, think!" Professor Farnsworth
Congrats on the demo.

I downloaded it and played it for a while and have a few observations to make.
I find annoying how long it takes to tell the story, the lack of better art while that story is being told and the cpu using a lot of power to do it.
Also a bit annoying is executing the config panel each time we start the game.
Other then that, i would have preffered that you blamed the fate and not the world for woving a different path for the girl, but i guess that's a matter of opinion, and the paths don't seem to be perfect but not noticebly so.
What i really liked was the music and the graphics(already talked about the story graphics, so appart from those), i'm no expert but the music really seted a nice environment for me, not too agressive not to soft, just medievel enought to fit in, the graphics also, though not AAA, really bring a nostalgic feelling to the game that i enjoyed, i didn't see any artifacts, they were fluid, so great. The gui in it's simplicity and funtionality also looked and felt very nice.

Again, congrats, hope you make some money off the game, and if not at least get some nice reviews to put on your porfolio.
Quote:Original post by EDI
Quote:Original post by DMINATOR
Well I am stuck, at the beginning , there is a door where one guy is hiding , I took the key from the engineer, but the door doesn't unlock , it still says that I need to find the key ?

Anyways , looks good , the intro is way too long , allot of things are happening so storyline is not remembered well.

did you try taking the key out of your inventory and using it on the door?

Hint Hint =D

OMG I have played so much rpg ,in my life but never did something like that . Well Ok thanks for the hint, il continue the game then :)
Quote:Original post by DMINATOR
OMG I have played so much rpg ,in my life but never did something like that . Well Ok thanks for the hint, il continue the game then :)

Ah =)

Morning's Wrath is a Classic Adventure / Action RPG hybrid =)

The inventory item use-on-thing comes from the Classic Adventure genre =D

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Although I didn't play it for long as its not my cup of tea I am inspired, it looks really profesional. Good luck, hope it sells well :)
Doesn't work!?

The Graphics Adaptor and the Audio Adaptor Comboboxes are empty...

I'm on a 1.7GHz Pent 4, 256mb, GF Fx 5500 128mb, and um some sound card...
Quote:Original post by Axiverse
Doesn't work!?

His patch EXE from his journal
Quote:Original post by Deranged
Quote:Original post by Axiverse
Doesn't work!?

His patch EXE from his journal

Same issue here on both EXE's

Win2k, NVidia GF 6800 GT, 1gb memory, Athlon XP 3200, some integrated Soundcard Sound Blaster compatible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement