Sign in to follow this  
Sumpfbiber

FMOD V4.0 linking problem under MinGW

Hello, to make it short: I included the from FMODex provided MinGW library file and he's still making me trouble linking and I have no idea what could it be or where to start fixing the problem: I'm using following functions: FMOD::System::createSound() FMOD::System::playSound() FMOD::System::release() Here's my linker output: ./src/audio.o(.text+0x31b): In function `Z9AudioInitv': C:/Workspace/Eclipse/dawn/Debug/../src/audio.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_ZN4FMOD6System4initEijPv@16' ./src/audio.o(.text+0x34b):C:/Workspace/Eclipse/dawn/Debug/../src/audio.cpp:21: undefined reference to `_ZN4FMOD6System11createSoundEPKcjP22FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFOPPNS_5SoundE@20' ./src/audio.o(.text+0x3b2): In function `Z10PlaySoundAPc': C:/Workspace/Eclipse/dawn/Debug/../src/audio.cpp:38: undefined reference to `_ZN4FMOD6System9playSoundE17FMOD_CHANNELINDEXPNS_5SoundEbPPNS_7ChannelE@20' ./src/audio.o(.text+0x3cd): In function `Z9KillSoundv': C:/Workspace/Eclipse/dawn/Debug/../src/audio.cpp:43: undefined reference to `_ZN4FMOD6System7releaseEv@4' Cheers!

Hey guys,

for everyone else that stumbles across this problem using the FMODEx 4.x SDK and the mingw32 compiler:

It seems that FMODEx C++ Inteface doesn't support other compilers than MSVC.

http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4090

Cheers!