There's been talk..

Started by
3 comments, last by ahw 18 years, 7 months ago
Of a writing contest. Valid points were raised about qualitative criteria for judging entries, so I thought I would suggest another tack altogether. A fictional episodic story about gamedev itself. I'd like to call it "The Dev Boat" A simple funny spinoff of the Love Boat, we could populate the crew with community characters, and introduce other community members on "This weeks cruise to [wherever]" Just a fun thought for some discussion. We do enough serious work around here as it is, and, something fun might be a good thing. Adventuredesign

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Advertisement
Sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know the cast well enough to write it.
yup, my feeling exactly.
Although I suppose you could simply replace GameDev people for famous video games characters, eh? ;)
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Quote:Original post by ahw
yup, my feeling exactly.
Although I suppose you could simply replace GameDev people for famous video games characters, eh? ;)

This is exactly the kind of thinking out loud that makes people who can greenlight production funding in story conferences go "YES!" and point at you.

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

*blushes*
well, you are the one getting all original in the first place,
me I just proposed to write "a little piece of writing, related to a given game" in the other thread.
No need to start pointing fingers, eh? ;)

Philippe
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement