Sign in to follow this  
fms

What's wrong with this ARB_fragment_program?

Hi, I am writing this shader and I don't seem to follow why "SUBR" is not providing me the correct results. I checked the contents of the variables and they seems to be fine. Apparently when I try to do the subtraction between "Coordinates" and "Position", the "COLOR" results in some junk values. Here is the source code: ################################################# "!!ARBfp1.0\n" "OPTION NV_fragment_program2;\n" "ATTRIB ParticleIndex = fragment.texcoord[2];\n" "OUTPUT COLOR = result.color;\n" "PARAM Root = {0.0, 0.0};\n" "PARAM Width = program.env[0]; # width is 4\n" "TEMP MassAddress;\n" "TEMP Position;\n" "TEMP Coordinates;\n" "TEMP GridIndex;\n" "TEMP Index;\n" "TEMP fraction;\n" "TEMP temp;\n" "TEX Coordinates, ParticleIndex, texture[2], RECT;\n" "TEX MassAddress, Root, texture[0], RECT;\n" "MOVR Index.x, MassAddress.z;\n" "CAL DECODEINDEX;\n" "TEX MassAddress, GridIndex, texture[0], RECT;\n" "TEX Position, GridIndex, texture[1], RECT;\n" "SUBR COLOR, Coordinates, Position;\n" "DECODEINDEX:\n" "DIVR GridIndex.y, Index.x, Width.x;\n" "FRCR fraction.x, GridIndex.y;\n" "MULR GridIndex.x, fraction.x, Width.x;\n" "RET;\n" "END\n"; ################################################# Please help. Platform : x86(AMD) , Linux RedHat 9.0 Graphics Hardware : GeForce 6600 GT Thanks. - FMS

Do you realize that your DECODEINDEX subroutine will be executed twice? Once from the CAL instruction and again after the SUBR instruction. You either need to put a RET after the SUBR or put the subroutine at the beginning of the program and label the instruction where you want the program to start with "main:". Why is it a subroutine in the first place, though? You'll get much better performance by just inlining that code.

I don't think that executing the DECODEINDEX subroutine twice would ruin the value of COLOR. I don't see any reason why you're getting garbage.