Portable C Compiler and IDE ?

Started by
2 comments, last by xyuri 18 years, 7 months ago
I am currently attending university and am being made to use the Cygwin environment ... i take files to and from class with a USB drive and keep on it a few nice utilities that i use. Is there a well known way to keep, like for example, Dev-C++, on the drive and have it working without installing ?
__________Michael Dawson"IRC is just multiplayer notepad." - Reverend
Advertisement
I believe a well known technique known as copying files may help here. But sarcasm aside, get Code::Blocks, which includes MinGW, and just use it. It runs on Windows and Linux.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
You should be able to install Dev-Cpp to the flash drive and use it freely on any computer without a hitch. Well, at least on Windows platforms, I'm not sure if it'll work like that on Unix. Anyways, all you really need is to get a command line compiler and use any GUI program that can edit text files like that if the Dev-CPP does not work as it's supposed to. What problem are you having right now? Or are you just asking first and haven't tried anything yet?
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
You should be able to install Dev-Cpp to the flash drive and use it freely on any computer without a hitch. Well, at least on Windows platforms, I'm not sure if it'll work like that on Unix. Anyways, all you really need is to get a command line compiler and use any GUI program that can edit text files like that if the Dev-CPP does not work as it's supposed to. What problem are you having right now? Or are you just asking first and haven't tried anything yet?
Havent tried it yet.. was hoping that there was an IDE that was like maybe geared towards being used like this.

Thanks for the input fella's :-) much appreciated.
__________Michael Dawson"IRC is just multiplayer notepad." - Reverend

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement