Sign in to follow this  

[web] linking to my server...

This topic is 4481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a server running on my system and I can pull up my site by directing my browser to localhost. My friend can also pull it up by entering my LAN ip in his browser so I know the server is running fine. What I want to do though is add a link on my personal site (which is hosted by prohosting) pointing to my server. I guess if I wasn't going through 2 routers, it would be as simple as pointing to my real ip. In short, my question is this: how can I link to my server over 2 routers? thnx.

I think its a matter of setting up your routers to allow connections on the correct port's down to your server

so the outtermost router would have X port open for the ip of the second router, and the innermost router would have X port open for the network ip of your server, and you would direct traffic to your WAN ip

hope that helps

cheers
-Dan

This topic is 4481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.