Will pay for you to build me a game

Started by
5 comments, last by Sandman 18 years, 7 months ago
I have no idea what i'm doing with this whole "building video games" crap, so I figured i might as well ask for some assistance. Basically i'm looking for someone who can build the video game that i want. I have a full list of what i want in it, how to look, what's interactive, etc. but have no idea on how to go about doing it. Anyone that can build games and is interested in this i'm more than willing to pay if you can create an actual interactive game, please email me at: Ashlyboss@hotmail.com With how much you will charge and what you can do. Thanks a bunch!
Advertisement
Well, this is interesting. First off, your post, I suspect, should be in the 'Help wanted' forum whilst using the particular forum's layout and, once you get there, you should detail particulars about what platform,genre,language etc the game will entail and about yourself. If you manage this, then perhaps you will get the help/advice you need.

Btw...it's not gonna be cheap.
you should stick this in the help wanted section
sorry if i've never been to this site before. don't be assholes guys, just trying to do something alright? i dont know anything about building games, i'm just looking around. and i didnt know there was a help wanted section.

and i didnt ask for replies, i asked for emails.
and i know its not going to be cheap. you dont understand how much im willing to dish out on this.
We're just trying to give ya a helping hand here because there are certain ways things get done on this site - if ya don't stick to the rules then you'll just get flamed and ultimately, get nowhere.

Hardly anyone is going to just e-mail you with no information about you on here - you could be a total nutcase for all we know!.
Quote:Original post by Ashlyboss
I have no idea what i'm doing with this whole "building video games" crap, so I figured i might as well ask for some assistance.

Basically i'm looking for someone who can build the video game that i want. I have a full list of what i want in it, how to look, what's interactive, etc. but have no idea on how to go about doing it.

I would recommend that you do some research, and thus get an idea on how to go about doing it.

A basic game programmer can expect to be paid around US $55,000 per year, according to this survey. A typical commercial quality game takes two to three years to develop and involves a team of around 20 developers. Do you have that kind of money?

Even if you do, if you know nothing about the industry then you have no way of knowing whether you're spending it wisely. How do you know the programmers are as competent as they say they are?

Finally, GameDev.Net has a Help Wanted forum for the purposes of recruiting teams. This forum has strict guidelines on how to go about asking for help; guidelines which are in place for good reasons. I suggest you read the Help Wanted Forum FAQ, and ALL of the stickied threads to get an idea of how to go about writing a proper recruitment post, and THEN make a new post in there containing the relevant details.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement