Sign in to follow this  
bikola_p

multiple cpp files

Hey guys, i never acctually paid much attention to the use of multiple cpp files, but anyhoo i use multiple headers, however recently thought i would be alot better in my current project with multiple cpp files, how can i achieve this.

How to do it depends on your development environment and how you are compiling and linking your files.

If you're using Visual Studio, it's as simple as just adding another source file to your project. If you're using something like gcc - just add the other source file to the arguments string (so, gcc source1.cpp source2.cpp -o executable, or something ).

Quote:
Original post by python_regious
How to do it depends on your development environment and how you are compiling and linking your files.

If you're using Visual Studio, it's as simple as just adding another source file to your project. If you're using something like gcc - just add the other source file to the arguments string (so, gcc source1.cpp source2.cpp -o executable, or something ).

Well, it's not quite that simple actually. Were the OP to do only that, he'd soon have compiler errors and odd bugs galore. That's why the organizing files link Konfusius posted is invaluable -- it tells you what you need to do inside your headers and sources to make sure everything works together the way it should.

-Twilight Dragon

Quote:
Original post by TDragon
Quote:
Original post by python_regious

Well, it's not quite that simple actually. Were the OP to do only that, he'd soon have compiler errors and odd bugs galore. That's why the organizing files link Konfusius posted is invaluable -- it tells you what you need to do inside your headers and sources to make sure everything works together the way it should.

-Twilight Dragon

Oh, yeah. I just assumed he all ready knew that.