Sign in to follow this  
JinJo

exporting .map file from hammer (no option?)

I have heard lots of people saying i can export a .map file from hammer but when i go to the file menu and choose export the only thing available is .dxf. Do you know a way I could do this?

Taken off a site found with this google search:
Quote:
Now that the bottom of our cave is complete were ready to export it. In the 'File-->Export' menu select the 'Exportation Options'...Now that your ready export it using the 'Export to .MAP File' command...

I'd try it out myself, but I don't have any content on my computer to use with it, thus it won't run. If that doesn't help, try taking a look at some of those other links in the google search for ideas.

Also make sure your map is not automatically generated when you "compile"! It's been a long time since I've done that kind of stuff, but check the output directories if there is no immediate options.

Foot Soldier - Valve Hammer Editor 3.4

sorry i assumed people knew what hammer was lol. its the editor used in half life 2 (you do know what half life 2 is right?)

I have seen such tutorials and that option isn't available in my version of hammer (4).

I got version 3 from web but it won't let me set it up properly, just crashes when i try to add game content paths etc.

The Source engine doesn't use .map files, the compile tools work directly on the .vmf. The .map format was a Quake thing (Half-Life 1 was based on the Quake engine so you had to export into a .map in order to compile the level).