Sign in to follow this  
cpp forever

Cancel INTERNET_STATUS_CALLBACK

How to cancel the INTERNET_STATUS_CALLBACK function. I want to implement timeout for asynchronous InternetOpenUrl (and then maybe for InternetReadFile() ;) ). I want callback function to stop receiving status codes when I want. Some advices for implementation of this tricky method? :)

Try this line of code. This assumes that m_hInternet is the handle returned by InternetOpen().

InternetSetStatusCallback( m_hInternet, NULL );

Quote:
Original post by Teric
Try this line of code. This assumes that m_hInternet is the handle returned by InternetOpen().

InternetSetStatusCallback( m_hInternet, NULL );

Knew that. Not a bad idea, but in my example (too much code) I need to create multiple HINTERNETs from InternetOpen() and multiple HINTERNETs from InternetOpenUrl().

Maybe some neat idea?

I thought that you could only have one callback defined per internet handle. Thus, if you have multiple handles, you could call InternetSetStatusCallback([Your Handle Here], NULL) for each handle that you have.

Quote:
Original post by Teric
I thought that you could only have one callback defined per internet handle. Thus, if you have multiple handles, you could call InternetSetStatusCallback([Your Handle Here], NULL) for each handle that you have.

InternetSetStatusCallback([Your Handle Here], NULL) will probably not work cos MSDN says that callback function must BE. I can use InternetSetStatusCallback([Your Handle Here], NULL) only after InternetCloseHandle().