isometric land & 3d engines

Started by
22 comments, last by Stru 18 years, 6 months ago
should we only in 2d view make isometric games???? or we can make it in a 3d engine and determine camera position in way that give a isometric scene?
Advertisement
It's really up to you. Both are fine although 3d in 2d is becoming more commonly used.

Either one is perfectly alright to use.

It just depends on the way you want to have your game displayed. Either way you will have to make the models for the various objects. Using a 3D engine would probably be better if you plan to have your camera rotate at any point as it is much easier to orient the objects. Seeing as it will be isometric, rotation may not even be necessary.

In the end, it all depends on which you are most familiar and comfortable with.
tanks for your help

i think 2d have many difficulty.
in 3d number of object is too much. isn't it increase problems?
3D accelerators have much of power in these days, so rendering bunch of objects is fast as hell. If you look at my web page, there are several old screenshoot. Engine is rendering combined 2D/3D scene. Map is 40x26 tile visible, each tile is made of 50 triangles, on each tile there are objects, trees, enemies, players, effects, shadows etc... and every object is made of at least two triangle. So I have LOT of things drawn and still have around 100FPS on my friend machine (XP1700+, ATI 7500 which is not beast of PC [smile]) and on mine it runs around 200-250FPS.
I want use Dark Basic Pro... .
what's your idea?
DB Pro is capable of creating 2D, 2D in 3D and 3D games and is pretty easy to learn.
I talked to a guy who helped make dark or blitzbasic (i forgot) and hes working on his own lil thing that will easily let you make games and normal programs in a unique way. He didnt give me many details, just said he would release it on his site when its almost done. So im lookin forward to that, it looks promising.
DONT LET THEM DISCRIMINATE! BRING BACK THE BLACK!
...and where is his site?
Streamer, what happened to your game? Seemed like it would be a good one :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement