Questions about Porting

Started by
1 comment, last by roos 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi. I've been working for several months on some code for a science project that I'm entering in the Siemens Westinghouse competition. I wrote it all in MSVC++ 2005 beta, and I've used a lot of STL. I made sure to make the code standard C++(just console IO), but recently, my mentor has offered me some time on a super computer account. It is on linux, which means I have to port my code. Will porting my code screw up my STL stuff? I followed the official STL doc's on how to do things, but heard stuff about g++ doesn't have as good an implementation as MS, etc. Can anyone tell me about some of the major mishaps that I might encounter while porting the code(several thousands lines I would say). Thanks.
Advertisement
Most Standard Library incompatibilities arise in the more exotic corners of functionality, such as custom allocators. If you're just using STL containers and algorithms, it's unlikely you'll run into any problems.
Yep I agree... I've used plenty of STL with g++ myself and never had any problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement