Sign in to follow this  

Hi...

This topic is 4484 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm a composer - (though I prefer the term 'Tune-writer' myself since it more accurately describes what I do) - but I don't know if the sort of music I write/have written is suitable (as-is) for computer games? Most of the music I write/have written is celtic (mainly Irish) style, such as fiddle-tunes, (jugs/reels) and slow-air's/waltzes/laments etc. that are more suitable for uilleann/northumbrian pipes etc.. Unfortuantely I don't have any of those instruments (or samples thereof and a sampler to play them in (and money to buy such things)), apart from my violin, which I cannot currently record properly. (Am a violinist/fiddle-player, and can play guitar and keyboard a bit too). However - I do have a full orchestral (virtual) instrument, so I use that instead, along with (virtual) piano/acoustic guitar and a few synths. However, I've recently started using the orchestral instrument fully, and have so far written 3 full orchestral peices. One of these was as a peice to listen to (a waltz) - another was written for a 'short' (7m30s!) introductory film sequence a friend had created for a computer game that then dissappeared when he moved to the US, that then got re-arranged into it's current form, and the third I wrote as a proposed theme tune to another computer game project the same friend was slowly planning out (with my help). I don't know if any of the music I have written is suitable for a computer game or not - but I thought I'd ask and find out.... Anyway - my music is here: http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/DarrenTomlyn I'd like to hear what you think... Thanks Darren Tomlyn Tune-writeer and Fiddle-player... http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/DarrenTomlyn

Wow, I really like that 'Excalibur' piece of yours. I think that your music (or at least that one piece) should suit video games fine, especially RPGs (which tend to use a lot of strings and stuff). All games have different requirements though, and I'm sure there's at least one game that could use your talent [smile].

Cheers!

Quote:
Original post by fyhuang
Wow, I really like that 'Excalibur' piece of yours. I think that your music (or at least that one piece) should suit video games fine, especially RPGs (which tend to use a lot of strings and stuff). All games have different requirements though, and I'm sure there's at least one game that could use your talent [smile].

Glad you like that one - only took me 5 years to get it that far [wink]

Well - let me know what you think to the rest [smile].

Darren Tomlyn
Tune-writer and Fiddle-player
http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/DarrenTomlyn

This topic is 4484 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.