Sign in to follow this  

multiple skinned meshes from one .X file

This topic is 4477 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, i need to load X files tht contain several skinned meshes. So far i have found only help to load one skinned mesh from a file. I have used the help on GameDev to load and animate one skinned mesh from the file. Can anyone suggest any extension to the code? Thanks to everyone in advance

What for would you need that?

In most common scenarios, you would save the meshes in seperate files and animations also.

Take Unreal for example: they have skins in .PSK files, and Animations in PSA files. Multiple skins can use same Animation Pack without to be reloaded. And further more, there are UKX files, where you have many skins and one animation package file. In the animation package file there are a lot of animation sequences (Walk, Idle, Shoot, etc...).

It is not so hard to implement own skin loader, rather than loading all form one .X file.

Altough, you can enumerate the .X file with the D3DX Parsing functions. This would be a lot harder, but you may try it. Try to seek: parsing x file or something like that in google. I believe there was an article on flipcode or perhaps even on gamedev.

This topic is 4477 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.