Sign in to follow this  

VC "run to cursor"

This topic is 4478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In VC 6.0 I relied heavily on the debugger's "run to cursor" command. But now I'm using VC 2003, and "run to cursor" is gone!!! Where did it go? I've got the other command "step in", "step out" - I don't get it. Is there a way to bring "run to cursor" back? -Brent

If the keyboard shortcuts are the same as vc6's, you can quickly place a breakpoint (F9) then continue execution (F5) will continue till it hits the next breakpoint.

That's what I do when debugging.

You can see it if you right click while debugging. Also, if you right click on a toolbar, you can go to the custimize menu to drag the run to cursor to your debug toolbar.

Quote:
Original post by SiCrane
You can see it if you right click while debugging. Also, if you right click on a toolbar, you can go to the custimize menu to drag the run to cursor to your debug toolbar.

Yes, I use it often from the context menu. I don't use the buttons in the toolbars for debugging so I never noticed it was gone!

Another thing I found recently is that you can drag the yellow arrow in the left margin to whichever line you want the execution to resume.

Quote:
Original post by SiCrane

I did end up discovering the context menu location. And I even tried to do the drag-and-drop customization. It didn't work (it didn't drag).

Hmmmm.

(but thanks though for the info). :)

This topic is 4478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.