arabic text problem

Started by
6 comments, last by jad_salloum 18 years, 7 months ago
hi guys how i can write arabic text in a window using 3d text from mesh , i put the string in arabic to display it in arabic , but in runtime the letters were flipped and not attached to each other , do any one has any clue about this prob ???? can i make encoding in directx ?? if yes how ?? i am using c# if this gonna help
Advertisement
hi,
i've solved this problem using a Bitmapped Font Engine which contains arab chars .
besides , im using the D3DXFont interface with arial font "arabic wrods " without problems ...
Game Programming is the process of converting dead pictures to live ones .

what do u mean by " using a Bitmapped Font Engine " ???
can anybody give me a better solution for this problem coz i didnot know what he mean .
By bitmapped font engine he means he is manually outputting each character from a stored image.

I don't have any specific solutions (not a heavy DirectX user), but the problem you are running into is the left to right vs. right to left rendering. Windows supports both, but you need to tell it to (just like some Asian languages need the imemode set to view properly).

In DirectX I believe you need to look at the RightToLeftReading part of DrawTextFormat. Hope that is enough information to find what you are looking for.

thanx for answering but bitmapped font engin is not a solution for arabic language coz the letters are attached . and yes my problem is in left to right coz the letters are written flipped , and there is no RightToLeftReading thing when using 3D text coz we r not drawing it as if we do in font.drawtext in 2d font drawing
erm.... if you draw your text as a 3D mesh, and the letters are flipped, why not just mirror them?

how i can mirror them ???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement