• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mystagogue

Intellisense

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got several solutions, each with multiple projects (mostly DLLs), and I've had no problem getting intellisense help from solution 'A' when I'm in solution 'B'. But then I go configure a new machine, sync with source control, and start doing more development - only to discover that intellisense now provides help for code in solution 'A', only if I am in solution 'A'. In other words, on this new machine I setup, intellisense works - but only within the limited context of each solution. What happened? What can I do to get intellisense, once again, to start providing help from my other dependencies (other DLLs from other solutions I depend on)?

Advertisement
I don't think it is possible to say what happened. Intellisense has more quirks than i can keep track of.

ace

Include the headers from solution B in solution A...

Or (even better) create an empty project that has no source files, only header files (the ones you want intellisense help from) and include that project in solution A.

Just a wild guess, you mentioned source control, have you checked in on both projects when working on A? As I would guess that IntelliSense won't read from B if it is not in "your possession".

But as stated earlier, IntelliSense has a life of its own.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!