• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
THACO

moving groups of vertices

This topic is 4822 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For my project, I currently have a number of weapons in there own space. I want to move them to say the right hand of my model. I have the matrix to move verticies from world space to the bones space. What is the fastesd / best way to move those verticies to the bone space. Currently I just multiply the matrix by each and every vertice of the weapon. I am not worrying about scaling, so would it be better to break the matrix into its translation and x,y,z rotation and just call glTranslate and glRotate? or even using glMultMatrixf. My weapons are not complete at the moment. I would assume they would only be a couple hundred polygons, hopefully around 200 im thinking. I am no 3d artist so that is just a rough estimate. Thanks -THACO

Advertisement
Calling glMultMatrixf and then drawing all the polygons is probably the best solution. The glTranslatef and glRotatef functions generate a matrix and multiply it with the current matrix. Btw, I don't think that you will notice a speed difference between one of these possible solutions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!