GL Extentions!

Started by
8 comments, last by blizzard999 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi all! I ve been including glprocs.h and glprocs.c found at the sdk link: http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ then SDK to my c++ v7.1 project and never had to load any (ARB or else) extentions at all! is this an official wrapper for GL extensions? i ve recently replace: glGetUniformLocationARB for: glGetUniformLocation (a new GLSL Demo use it) and i got this: error C3861: 'glGetUniformLocation': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup my first guess was to get the latest glprocs.h and glprocs.c ... but OpenGL does not seams to keep those up to date... i certainly dont like to load extension 1 by 1 and i m not crazy about glew as well... whats going on? anyone can clear this up? thx
Advertisement
Eh, my advice is to avoid anything SGI does, they are a bunch of screw ups [lol] But seriously, I've never used their headers, but they're probably not up to date. You could use OpenGL.org's glext.h file, but that's a pain too. My suggestion is to download GLee and use that for extension loading and such.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
glee
glew
Did you download the latest glext.h file from that site?
Quote:Original post by golgoth
i certainly dont like to load extension 1 by 1 and i m not crazy about glew as well...
Have you tried GLee?

EDIT: Too slow... [sad]
I think the SGI version (without the ARB) has something to do with their
newest revisions of the standard.

I'm not sure if anyone has drivers and headers that implement the newest revisions.
I'm not sure if anyone has drivers and headers that implement the newest revisions.

good point...

those glprocs.h and glprocs.c were really usefull if u ask me... all they have to do is to keep them up to date...

glew and glee huh? no other way around... use a wrapper to use a lib... this is so lame...
glee is not a wrapper. It just loads all the extension function pointers for you.
super genius
Any preferences between Glew and Glee?
GLee is my preference, only because that's the only one I've used and it fit my needs nicely so I didn't bother trying out GLEW as well.
those glprocs.h and glprocs.c were really usefull if u ask me... all they have to do is to keep them up to date...

glew and glee huh? no other way around... use a wrapper to use a lib... this is so lame...
The glprocs thing looks to be basically the same thing as GLee and GLEW. And like duke said, they aren't wrappers, they just handle the extension loading for you.

They are very very similar (I use glee but only because I started with it)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement