• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
greytone

New Beginners DirectX site - Feedback

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Over the last few months, I have been working on tutorial material for people beginning game programming using DirectX 9. Because learning all the ins and outs of DirectX is slow and can be discouraging the material is aimed at being able to create a working game learning only the functions and parameters needed. The tutorial material is available in both web and book form at my website, www.experimentsingameprogramming.com. To make things easier all the source code included as part of the tutorial material is free for anyone to use so long as the license notice remains unchanged. Please check it out, and let me know what you think. www.experimentsingameprogramming.com

Advertisement
The overall site is nice, and the thought is also very good. The only thing i find irritating is the size of the code. It's pretty hard to read.

Everything else is cool for me

Thanks for the feedback.

-Samsonite
Your right, the font size on the code was a little small. I increased it one point, now it is the same size as the rest of the text and is certainly more readable.

-thallish
I think the MSDN links aren’t a bad idea, but would be better suited as a 'further reading' at the end of each section. I assume you mean as links on the function text when they came up in the document. My goal was to make it as simple as possible by not discussing all the many function parameters. I think linking the MSDN on each function would dilute that goal.

I say it's a very good site. Tutorials are wieten and organised they way they should be for someone that wishes to learn about game programming.

VERY well done! Best rating from me

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!