• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brucelee

Change resolusion !!

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone here. I get a problem now. I want to change rsolusion or from windowed mode to fullscreen ( fullscreen to windowed ). Before doing this, I released all D3D resources( VBs, IBs, Textures , then Device and D3D object ), then re-create the device, but I still got a "DeviceLost" message. When I use another method IDirect3DDevice::Reset, I got allways a "Invalid Call" error message. I don't know how can I do now.( Or there may be another way ? ) Can someone help me? Thanx.

Advertisement

are you recreating the device or recreating the D3D resources?

Recreating the D3D resources should be enough. I've never done it so i'm not certain.

V.

Iv'e been playing round with changing the between fullscreen and window mode manually, and I'm recreating EVERYTHING.

Been using this tutorial as a basis, should work ofr canging the resolution.

Don't recreate everything, that's a hack. Look at the DX DEBUG OUTPUT and it will tell you if/what objects are preventing your device from being reset.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!