• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vip4

OpenGL Opengl without win32 api

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any way to write a program for a windows PC without using the win32 api "windows.h" It takes way too much code to just open a simple window. So i was wondering if there was another way that is simpler, preferable without that api.

Advertisement
GLFW and SDL are also options. I personally use SDL but that is because I am familiar with the API from a 2D perspective. Drew Benton had a post I can't seem to locate that compared the 2 from his own perspective quite well a while back.

Maybe someone else has it bookmarked somewhere?

[edit]Too slow :)[/edit]

Ah yes, sorry Evillive2, I don't have that article up yet on my new webspace, but I will be sure to add it soon. (I'll prob add it in like 10 minutes or so, just got back from a long day at Univ.).

Vip4, take a look at some of the avaliable libraries at the bottom of the OpenGL FAQ. Lot's of choices there!

Just as my personal opinion, I love SDL and GLFW [wink]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!