Gundown - "An explodin' good time!"

Started by
6 comments, last by HopeDagger 18 years, 7 months ago
Three weeks ago or so I purchased BlitzMax, intruiged by it's C++-like quirks and its promised speedy development speed. Well, it looks like it kept its word judging by the 2.5 weeks (less, since many days I didn't work on it :P) it took me to write up Gundown. Gundown is a kill-everything-that-moves sort of game, complete with numerous levels, sound effects and uber graphics. A nice shooter ideally is a good thing knowing most gamers these days. ;) You control a movable turret at the bottom of the screen which can charge up artillery fire to gun down troops, ships, motorcycles, and other foes which are just begging to be vanquished! Comments, questions, or any flavour of feedback is graciously welcomed! Download Gundown [Edited by - HopeDagger on September 11, 2005 5:00:05 PM]
Advertisement
Fun game, nice work! When you get to the snow levels though you can't see the upgrade menu as the text is white on a very white background. Good job though I enjoyed it :)
-----------------[ serafin studios ]
excellent game! had lots of fun playing it! very good job!
THAT is one fun game..nice and simple and very good :)
Thank you very much folks for the positive feedback! :)

Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.
Update: For what it's worth, I thought I'd mention Gundown now has its own GD.NET Showcase entry, complete with a better description of the game and a few other screenshots. :)

Gundown Showcase entry
Its runs to slow on my comb. I have

AMD Athlon 1.5
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 7200

Quote:Original post by Commander Mike
Its runs to slow on my comb. I have

AMD Athlon 1.5
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 7200

Grah, that stinks. BlitzMax uses OpenGL for rendering, which isn't too friendly on more 'elder' cards such as your own, good sir. I think I may begin to fall back on libs like SDL or Allegro for my rendering needs to avoid getting into such issues with senior video cards. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement