• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JY

Painting effects

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm trying to find information about how to apply different paint effects like oil, pastel, crayon etc. All I keep coming up with is links to software like Photoshop etc. but what i'm looking for is the actual algorithm to render these effects. For example, given a graphics path which is made of lines and beziers, I want to be able to render that path to make it look like it was drawn in crayon (or chalk, or oil etc.). I would really appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Can't help you directly, but the term for that kind of rendering is Non-Photorealistic Rendering (or NPR for short). If you search for that you should get more relevant results.

If you do continue this, I'd love to hear about it, since I think it's a pretty interesting topic. I've got it somewhere on my todo list as well :D

That's exactly what I needed - a definition of what exactly i'm looking for! Thanks very much.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!