Auto Thumbnail creation?

Started by
4 comments, last by leiavoia 18 years, 7 months ago
I'm helping my girlfriend with making a website for her artwork and she has got about 200 photographs of different pieces of her work which we could do with creating thumbnails of. Resizing ~200 photos is gonna be a tedious job, does anyone know of any free software that can automate this task for me?
Progress is born from the opportunity to make mistakes.

My prize winning Connect 4 AI looks one move ahead, can you beat it? @nickstadb
Advertisement
IrfanView is free, and it's batch conversion program can do resizing along with a number of other functions.
Quote:Original post by Michalson
IrfanView is free, and it's batch conversion program can do resizing along with a number of other functions.
I was about to reply with this program too when I saw the thread. I'll give it a second recommendation. It's very quick to use and it works very well. It has a very nice resizing algorythym to keep the pictures looking smooth that works really well. I use it a lot to resize and convert tons of texture maps and lightmaps while I'm exporting stuff from my game to my 3d editor. It's a 5 click process, and it's done in the blink of an eye. :)
Thanks very much for the help!
Progress is born from the opportunity to make mistakes.

My prize winning Connect 4 AI looks one move ahead, can you beat it? @nickstadb
photoshop also has an automate batch feature. as well as a contact sheet template
ImageMagick will do it in one command i believe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement