• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kzar

Writing a sdl_ttf function

This topic is 4818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In my game I need to display lots of different text so ovbiously I need to seperate myself from sdl_ttf a bit with some code. I made a function called show_fps() and then one called show_lives() but you can see having 1000 functions to show each bit of text is a bad idea. I can see how to make a function to add an item to a linked list with a string, font, size, position etc for each lump of text but theres somthing I'm not sure about. Sometimes the text will stay the same throughout but for somthing like displaying the frames per second it needs a variable for the number so that it can change each time. Now if I called my add text function I would want to be able to use variables in the string like printf does, but I have no clue how to do it. If you can think of a better way to do this / explain how you did it instead I would be very interested as well. Thanks, David

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!