Hey!

Started by
2 comments, last by Roman Arce 23 years, 4 months ago
It''s been an entire week without anybody insulting hasbro, what''s going on? In case you were just busy then it''s my turn, f*** hasbro.
Advertisement
Amen to that!

What is happening now with Andre''s lawsuit? Now that Hasbro Interactive has been sold?
What would you say is the prognosis for my company''s name "NeoPong Software"? From a legal standpoint, I should, in theory, be pretty safe as the name is quite unique (implication of software development, "Neo", etc...). However, Hasbro is starting to scare me. :/

Charles E. Galyon
Producer, NeoPong Software
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
The fact that "ideas" can''t be copyrighted has been brought up quite a few times with Hasbro''s lawsuits, and I for one believe that''s the way it should be.

Now, what if those who can would start producing freeware and shareware games that were similar to the ones "owned" by Hasbro (Centipede, Asteroids, Tetris, etc, etc), simply out of spice towards the company. The games would use all new graphics (even if they were simple ones), and in general have slightly different game mechanics than the "original" versions, to distinguish them from those owned by Hasbro.

The idea behind this move would be to make it clear to Hasbro that their current course can''t and won''t hold. It''s impossible for them to keep track of a boatload of freelance programmers or small groups, working around the internet. It''s a simple FACT that they can NOT track down everyone (and those they could would simply pass the project on to another person - after all, these were simple freeware knock-offs worth nothing in money, really).

That, combined with what I read from the "Toy Giant Gone Bad" -article (about Hasbro''s stock dropping, etc), would propably be of some help to people like Randy Chase. If not immediately, then atleast at some point.

I suppose this sounds like just another "someone" going off against an industry giant - "all talk and no walk" - but right now I just feel sorry for myself for not having taken programming lessons or learned to program (beyond Quick Basic) in the past. It''s hard to create games, even just to spice someone, when all you can do is draw. :|

Is the idea sensible in your opinion, or am I way off course here?

--JSP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement