• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
valsar

2D programming

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What would be a good way to make a 2D game. Like what would a good API to use and stuff. I would consider myself a beginner in C++. I have used DirectDraw 7 but there is still a lot I don't understand about it. If you need any more info, I'll try my best to help out.

Advertisement
First of all I have never used ether of the libraries, (though I know of them) but I did some searching and came up with some stuff that looks kind of basic...

First this seems to be a quick startup article collection
SDL Introduction tutorials
this seems to give some more knowledge of how it works
SDL More through Introduction
And if you as me is a Wiki lover this should be a bible
SDL-Wiki

That's just some of the first I found that I though looked good, but hey there are like unlimited resourses like these just google for like "SDL Tutorial" and you will get more hits then you ever could hope for :P

for Allegro there was a bit harder to find resourses.... (but still there are try googeling it)

introductory tutorial (pt.1 of 3)

Well I really hope this is enough for you to get an introduction and as people that have used it surelly have more examples of resources I hope you'll get the help you need :)

I can suggest to you cone3d's tutorial: http://cone3d.gamedev.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=tutorials/gfxsdl/index

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!