• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
forestlaw89

How do I use Visual C++ with my directX

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can't seem to add the directX include files. I just got the book "Programming role playing games with DirectX" and the book only uses Visual C++. But, theirs the problem I went to options to add "include" files in the VC++ project "directories" and pick "include" I don't get any add options whatsoever. So if anyone can help please answer to this thread. P.S- I don't understand what's up with DirectX books only for microsoft Visual C++.

Advertisement
I'm afraid your question isn't clear.

If you want to include the headers in a source file, use the #include directive.

If you want to link a library, go trough the project options (are you even using VC++ or not, I'm confused) to the linker settings and you'll find a place where you can add desired libraries.

I think all you need to do is copy and paste alll the .lib files from the DirectX SDK into the "header files" folder of your project. These files should be located in a folder labeled "lib" in the directory where the SDK is installed.

I hope this helps [smile]

if you are using VC++ go to project->Settings-> click on the C/C++ tab and change the dropdown menu to preprocessor, Where it says additional include directories type in the path to your where your DirectX header files are.

Ex: C:\DXSDK\include\

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!